Bulgogi is one of the most well known Korean dishes besides kimchi (spicy cabbage).
It’s basically a marinated meat and the meat can be either pork or beef. It came from marinating meat to preserve the meat and cook them on bamboo stick.
Anyhow, there are number of different meats that can be used:
Beef: chunk, rump, sirloin
Pork: shoulder loin
Here are ingredients you would need:
choice of meat, soy sauce, sesame oil, menaced garlic, sugar(or sweetener), choice of vegetable (e.g. onion, carrot, brocoli, scallion).
Basic Ratio of sauce (600g = ~ 20 oz):
7 Tbsp (soy sauce) : 3Tbsp (sugar) : 2 Tbsp (sesame oil) : 2Tbsp (garlic)
* try the sauce with your finger and add more spices you desire
** tip: if you would like it go all natural, you can add grind apple(1/2)
1. Wash in a flowing water a little to get rid of blood and drain it or smudge it with paper towel (this gets rid of the smell).
2. Marinate the meat in the prepared sauce for an least an hour. (you can add vegetable if you would like)
3. Preheat the pan high with olive oil and quickly cook it (Don’t cook it until it’s brown like a steak because it becomes rubbery)
4. Serve it on the plate and enjoy it with white rice~ 🙂
**Also you can marinate a ton and store it in the fridge. It’s usually good for a week or two.